The Word of [South] Festival of music and literature welcomes sellers of books and music and items related to either, as well as other vendors compatible with the festival.
- A vendor space includes a 10’x10′ pop up tent, a 6′-8′ table, and two folding chairs
- Electricity is not available and generators are not permitted
- A vendor listing on the Festival’s website and link to vendor website
- Booth identification sign will be provided (you may bring your own as well)
- Festival reserves the right to refuse to rent space to vendors with exhibits unrelated to or otherwise incompatible with the Festival
- Vendors will not be permitted to offer food or drink for sale; Food vendors interested in selling at the Festival should contact Julie Carswell at email@example.com
- Vendors are responsible for collecting and reporting the 7.5% Florida Sales Tax and remitting it to the Florida Department of Revenue. We are required to provide the FDOR your name and contact information as record that you participated in the event
- The Festival does not collect commissions on sales by vendors
- No musical performances are permitted in the vendor exhibit area
- Word of South is an outdoor event and thus, dependent on the weather. Should the weather move festival performances indoors, Word of South does not have space at backup rain venues to move vendors. Should this happen, vendors may receive full or partial credit for the cost of a booth at the next annual Word of South Festival.
- Vendors may arrive as early as 9am on Saturday April 22; Festival events begin at 11am
- Vendors are expected to remain open until 6pm Saturday and 5pm Sunday
Limited overnight security Saturday night is provided by the Festival, permitting vendors to leave displays; however, we strongly recommend that you pack up all valuable merchandise and equipment. The Festival and the City of Tallahassee are not responsible for any loss.
Interested vendors may submit a completed vendor application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks may be mailed to Word of South, PO Box 861, Tallahassee, FL 32302.
Word of South will never share your name, contact information, or credit card number with an outside entity or individual. Word of South will keep your name and contact information to communicate with you regarding the Word of South Festival, annual events, and to send your Sustaining Member or Sponsorship goodies to you, but will never use your information to promote events or products unrelated to the Word of South Festival.